CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweet Baby James

I seriously wonder how James can be such a sponge and soak up knowledge from so many places.  At least once a day, James does something that just astounds me.  In the last few weeks, he is trying to copy all kinds of sounds and words that he hears us say and things he sees us do.  For example, we were eating at Cheeseburger Bobby's on Sunday after church when 3 police officers drove up.  He was still making 'police car noises' when the police were at the counter ordering.  He's also caught on to my mad dancing skills.  Check out this link of James bustin' a move:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9LQU32_iiU&feature=channel

Little Memories:
  • My mom told me that at a very early age, I displayed an understanding of feelings and sympathy.  Last week, our friends' lives were rocked by the death of their 3 week old son (one of the twins that I mentioned last week in the previous blog).  I cannot imagine their pain and sadness.  No parent should ever have to deal with losing their child, whether their child had yet to reach the world or had the blessing of joining the rest of us.  In my sadness, especially when I cried, James wanted to hug me and console me.  Of course, this just made me cry harder at the sweetness of our little James.  I think God knew exactly what I needed right then.  My wish was that our friends could feel that warmth and love back from God during this time when they need Him the most during their grief.  
  • New tooth has finally emerged! We are now up to 13!

What I learned this week:
  • Try not to read books discussing cups or milk before bedtime.  James will be reminded that he would like some too and will constantly remind you that he wants some.  Maybe I should write my own book, "If you read James a cup book".  Here's the book so far: "If you read James a cup book, he's going to ask for a cup of milk.  After you pour him a cup, he'll probably ask you for some Teddy Grahams to go with it.  Eating the Teddy Grahams will remind him of Pooh.  He'll want to go watch his Pooh video.  Once he watches the Pooh video, he'll probably want to see his Thomas the Train video as well.  Seeing Thomas the Train will remind him of playing with his red and blue choo choo, which he will want to go find.  On the way to get the trains, he will see his ride-on cars and will want to play with them instead.  He will ask you to play chase with him pushing one car and you pushing the other.  While playing chase, he will pass the refrigerator and ask for some milk, since he's worn out.  And chances are, if he asks for a cup of milk, then he's probably going to want a cup book to go with it."  Maybe my mom could illustrate for me. 
  • Love, love, love on those you love....as hard as you can for as long as you can.   

Please keep praying for our friends.  We are all cheering for their remaining son as he gets stronger every day. 

Happy Early Valentine's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment