We are so ready for consistently nice weather. Today it has rained on and off all day, so we were not able to go out and enjoy James' newest toy, a Little Tikes play cube. We enjoyed it plenty last weekend. It has been nice to come home from work and have some sunlight left so we can enjoy some family time together outside before heading in for dinner and bedtime. Last weekend, James also decided to rub his fingers up and down our cars while Chris and I worked in the yard. I left the dirt on his face in these pictures because it was just too precious to wipe off. Something endearing about little boys and dirt on their faces. Here are my favorites from last weekend. We took 205 pictures that day!!
Little Memories:
- Attending Cousin Charlie's Birthday Party! He has a sweet tooth, just like his parents, and very much enjoyed eating cake. Grandma and Grandpa distracted James from Charlie's new toys with a little toy boat. Must remember this tip in the future...
- Running all over the place at the indoor playplace near our house. James didn't know what to do with himself! He played on almost everything except the inflatables. We will be taking many more trips there, I am sure.
- Finally feeding the ducks! We armed ourselves with several leftover heels of bread and headed to the clubhouse in the neighborhood. James was calling the ducks (and practicing pronouncing the final /k/ sound....'duh-k') until they started coming on land and getting right in our face! We had at least 10 geese, 3 'ugly' ducks that hiss, and 2 wood ducks all fighting over this bread! I did not let James throw any, for fear that one of the waterfowl would attack him, since he is about their size. I had to swing the bread bag at several of them to get them to back off!! Maybe someone needs to create duck obedience classes. I know of several that would benefit from such program.
- Playing with both Grandfathers in one day. I dropped James off at Grandma and Grandpa's house last weekend to hang out with Grandpa while I had my haircut. Then I picked James up, drove home and Pops came through town on his way to see the Auburn Tigers play baseball in Athens. He sure enjoyed playing with his Grandfathers!! After James woke up from his nap, I am sure that he was wondering which one of his family would walk through the door next!
- Taking the tray off the highchair and pushing him up to the table. We now can all sit together as a family. So sweet to see my big boy sitting there with us at dinner. He is starting to pay attention to the blessing and will occasionally help us at the end with "Amen". So cute!!
What I learned these past few weeks:
- The gaggle of geese and ducks are very particular. For some odd reason, they will come to us near the clubhouse, but will not take the time to swim over to the dam. It's the same lake! Don't they know that it is easier for us to feed them at the dam?
- Forking over $30 in a co-pay for the Pediatrician to tell me he has eczema on his bottom and not a bacterial or fungal infection like we had been thinking leaves me feeling somewhat frustrated, but also puts my mind at ease. Why couldn't I have just diagnosed that? Desitin appeared to be clearing it up, but now we seem to be back at square one.
- Our cars need washing...badly.
Hope this week is wonderful!



0 comments:
Post a Comment